Name: Andrii Kolotii (M)
Affiliation: Space Research Institute NAS Ukraine and SSA Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2009: Msc in Information Security, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
2014: PhD in Remote Sensing, Space Research Institute NAS Ukraine and SSA Ukraine
Areas of expertise: crop yield forecasting and modeling, biophysical parameters estimation from satellite and in-situ data, Remote Sensing intelligent data processing, GIS, data processing automation.
Experience with international and national projects:
- Stimulating Innovation for Global Monitoring of Agriculture and its Impact on the Environment in support of GEOGLAM (SIGMA) (2013-2017), FP7 of European Commission.
- ESA project on country level demonstration Sen2Agri (2016)
- Earth observation-based information products for drought risk assessment on a national basis (EvIDENz) (2016-2018)
- Google Earth Engine Research Award (2016) “Large scale crop mapping in Ukraine using SAR and optical data fusion”.
- Joint Experiment for Crop Assessment and Monitoring (JECAM) Ukraine, establishment of the JECAM test site in Ukraine, application of EO techniques for agriculture.
On regular basis participates in the activities of UN CCD and JECAM activities in Ukraine.
Currently working on second scientific degree devoted to SDG monitoring for the territory of Ukraine, goals 15.3 (Life on the Earth) in particular. Interested in studying Essential Variables (EVs) and Indicators on Environmental issues as well as in automation of their calculation with use of cloud platforms and HPC.