AUTH – Greece
The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH) was founded in 1925 and is today the largest university in the country, with about 80.000 students and 2.300 teaching/research staff. At present, in the Aristotle University there are 10 faculties, consisting of 49 departments. The Faculty of Engineering comprises of 8 schools (School of Civil Engineering, School of Architecture, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering, School of Mathematics, Physics and Computational Sciences, School of Urban-Regional Planning and Development Engineering) and was found in 1955. With more than 11.000 students, the Faculty of Engineering is one of the university’s largest and most dynamic constituents.
The project will essentially be implemented by:
- Prof. Petros Patias (M) has a PhD in Photogrammetry, and has coordinated many projects. He will lead AUTH research group and participate in different tasks.
- Assist. Prof. Charalampos Georgiadis (M) has a PhD in Photogrammetry. He will lead WP8.
- Prof. Olga Georgoula (F) has a PhD in Photogrammetry. She will work on WP7 and WP8.
- Prof. Vasilios Tsioukas (M) has a PhD in Photogrammetry. He will work on WP7 and WP8.
- Prof. Christos Pikridas (M) has a PhD in Geodesy. He will work on WP2 and WP8.
- Assist. Prof. Dimitrios Kaimaris (M) has a PhD in Remote Sensing. He will work on WP2 and WP8.
The Laboratory of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, School of Rural & Surveying Engineering is well known for its research in Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Laser scanning, GIS and especially in the development of 3D modelling applications, Remote Sensing monitoring applications, GIS, Aerial photogrammetry applications, and EO applications and research. During the last 10 years, the AUTH P&RS-Lab has participated in 73 funded research projects, providing scientific expertise and services to areas of GIS, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, GPS, laser scanning and activities in related scientific fields, accounting for approximately 6,5 M€. AUTH P&RS-LAB has critical mass of good quality research in several areas of P&RS with more than 70 scientific publications and papers in national and international journals and conferences over the last 5 years. Finally its research staff has received numerous personal awards and scholarships and Lab activities have received substantial coverage to the national media with more than 10 extensive article references to the written and electronic media over the last 5 years.